Monday 28 November 2011

Memorable Moments: The Simpsons: The Man In The Blue Flannel Pants

Quicky Opinion: The Man In The Blue Flannel Pants wasn't quite as good as the previous couple weeks, but it still managed to pack in lots of funny lines. Plus it used Mad Men to freshen up the standard "Homer get promoted" plot in funny and interesting ways. So season 23 continues being quite swell. Quicky Grade: Totally Awesome! (Great)

Memorable Moments

-Bart's corpse bride fantasy was pretty funny. Especially Homer's tearful response to the bride eating Bart's brains. "Why does she get to eat before the reception?"
-Milhouse: "Maybe for once, I'll win." Krusty: "Children of troubled marriages not eligible".
-Homer once hired an unauthorized Krusty look-alike for Lisa's first communion. Krappy the Klonk.
-Absolut Krusty Presents: Celebrating Friendship With The Stimsons
-Kurt has to go to the kid's party because he said the clown scared him.
-Mr. Burns: "I was in an anecdote once".
-Mr. Burns is asked to do a popular song for karaoke.: "Do you have anything by Prince... Wilhelm of Prussia?"
-Smithers: "As safety inspector, he hasn't really set the world on fire. Although, he came close several times."
-Robet Marlow: "Before you go any farther Simpson, it's my duty to warn you. Account men lose their soul". Homer: "Woohoo! No more church!"
-Homer: "Wow! I can't believe I'm eating steak with the mayor! The next time I vote for you, it's going to be on purpose!"
-Homer: "Could you be my dad?" Marlow: "If your mom was a secretary, there's a pretty good chance I am".
-Bart: "I'll get one of those jobs where you don't have to read like french fry maker or general!"
-Homer: "You can't touch electricity Marge. You can't feel it". Marge: "That's because it would kill you".
-Marge's confrontation with Marlow and the constantly switching backgrounds was great.
-Marlow: "I gave up on my family. Than I gave up on my other secret family. I missed my son's graduation, my father's funeral and my dog's best in show".
-Nelson: "You're reading a chapter book! For fun! Bully's! To me!"
-The bully's getting drawn into Little Women was also classic. "Bart needs to work on differentiating the character voices a little better". "I know. I keep thinking, why is Meg saying that and than I realize, it's Beth!"
-Secretary: "This is a whisper amplifying intercom!"
-Mr. Burns: "It's about time. We've been making small talk abotu Mussolini for 15 minutes!"
-Diversity Kittens on Melting Pot Mountain. Also great!
-Homer: "My co-workers are like a family. But in some ways, my family are like a family too".
-Mr. Burns: "How ironic. I survived the titanic by making a raft out of stirrage passengers. And now this".
-Homer falls off a waterfall but he survives AND finds gold.
-Homer: "Your worries are over. Now I'm back to being a boring old safety inspector at a nuclear power plant".

No comments:

Post a Comment