Thursday 19 January 2012

Happy Endings: Makin' Changes

Quicky Opinion: Makin' Changes was another solid Happy Endings episode. The whole V-Neck intervention plot was solid and I still enjoy the Alex/Max/Dave combination. Brad and Jane's conflict was pretty good too and the revelation that Jane was changed just as much as Brad was a welcome one. Penny trying to change a guy worked well too, especially with the twist of him getting back together with his ex-girlfriend. I would say that this episode wasn't quite as funny as the last too, but it was still quite funny. Grade: Awesome! (Good)

Memorable Moments

-Jane: "You always change to fit a guy". Penny: "No. Sometimes I change to fit a girl if she's got cute guy friends".

-Jane: "I'm gonna say this because I'm one of your best friends and I don't want to overstep, but every choice you make in your life about everything is monumentally wrong". Brad: "Hehehe. It's funny cuz' it's sad".

-Jane: "You deserve to have a guy change for you the way Brad changed for me". Brad: "I'm not gonna say 'what' again, but you know I'm thinking it".

-Brad: "So that whole changine me stuff you told Penny was just B.S slumber party pep talk period crap, right?"

-Jane: "Of course I loved old Brad. Just like how I loved those chairs your mother gave us that I had reupholstered, and refinished so they're unrecognizable.

-Max: "These people make me look like I have my life together".

-Max: "Oh my god, Alex. You understand what's happening here, right?" Alex: "Yes. Maybe. Let's say it at the same time".

-Alex: "Oh my god, that's 4 V's. That's almost 5".

-Penny: "It's like he's squatting in a vacant Bennigan?"

-Jeff: "I'm really into combo stuff right now? Like this beer sign? It's also my reading lamp."

-Dave: "I dunno. What's a baker's dozen?" Alex: "11!" Max: "13. (Looks at Alex) What?" Alex: "I think my baker's ripping me off."

-Brad bragging about Old Brad being back before slipping on pudding and falling into the mouse traps was great. It was even funnier the second time.

-Dave (mimicking a robot): "Humour mode activated". Max: "I don't know what that was." Alex: "I do. Denial".

-Penny: "You know what else they have here: other stuff!"

-Jane: "Old Brad din't take baths. He took showers because his tub was filled with 3-11 CD's." Brad: "Old Brad couldn't afford a CD rack?"

-Penny: "I have a super sexy idea. Why don't we go into the bathroom, take off your shirt?" Jeff: "Listening." Penny: "and shave your face and burn your hat".

-Max: "Hello. How were your quote unquote "errands" David?" Alex: "If that's even your real name".

-Max: "Why don't you take your coat off?" Alex: "If that's even a real coat."

-Max: "We're more disappointed than mad, David!"

-Penny: "I'm gonna start a blog. Or a twitter. Huh! And then it'll become a TV series starring Alyssa Millano." Alex: "Boy, I wish my last name was a cookie".

-Jeff: "Guess what? I'm engaged!"

-Penny: "And you would be doing what?" Jane: "Nothing wierd. Just blowing the scent of New Brad's favorite candle downstairs so Old Brad will admit he's better the way I made him".

-The pictures of Old Brad and Jane were also great.

-Alex: "Ooh, I'm so excited. An intervention. It's like having a surprise party for someone who's going to hate you".

-Max: "Don't be scared. This is exactly what it looks like: an inter-veen-tion". Alex: "I thought we were going with intervent-een". Max: "That really sounds better to you?"

-Dave: "And why is this guy here? You couldn't get any of my real friends to come to my fake intervention?" Scotty: "Admit that you have a problem, Doug!" Dave: "Doug? It's Dave".

-Phil: "Listen! This is really stupid, but I have an hour to kill before I got to go to a real intervention so.."

-Dave: "I was 11-years-old. i was being bullied by this fat kid, appropiately named Fat Harold".

-Scotty: "Guys, I think I have an addiction to vicodin".

-Three hours later Dave Rose relapsed. He was last seen roaming the outlet mall. Searching for that sweet V-Neck high.

No comments:

Post a Comment