Wednesday 2 May 2012

Memorable Moments: Cougar Town: Southern Accents

Quicky Opinion: Southern Accents was another great episode of this show, combining lots of laughs with some good character development. Grayson having a daughter was a nice twist for this season, and this episode is a natural continuation of that, as Jules resists trying to get to know Holly, even though she really isn't that bad. Having Holly make out with Travis was a good twist for this storyline and I liked how Jules winds up accepting Holly. Meanwhile, Andy deciding he wants to be mayor is a good move for this character, and should give him plenty of interesting things to do for the rest of the season, plus give the chance for more appearances from Barry Bostwick, who I always enjoy as Roger Frank. And the Bobby/Laurie plot was just a delight. Another strong week, Cougar Town. Another strong week. Quicky Grade: 85% (Great)

Memorable Moments


-Grayson: "Why do you always freak out whenever Holly comes over? She's not that bad.. Am I allowed to say that about a woman I accidentally had a baby with?" Ellie: "I wouldn't."

-Jules: "I can't say no to tequila. That's why Travis exists." Grayson: "No way! Jill too!" Travis: "What an adorable coincidence."

-Hey, would you and your friends watch a show called "Pig Trials". Watch the episode, get back to us #pigtrials.

-Bobby: "Racist? Am I that bad?" Laurie: "No, sweetie. (Looks at his cookie.) Oh my God, look at your black and white cookie. You've only eaten the white part!" Bobby: "I'm a monster."

-Holly: "Stupid internet date. I thought having a baby was gonna be like, a non-stop party. Wrong. Turns out having a baby is a total crotch-block." Travis: "What a tool. Sounds like he should've put "hates babies" on his profile." Holly: "Oh, he did. I just ignored it."

-Jules: "There's got to be something you can do. I've been dreaming of having a beach wedding since like, yesterday."

-Jules: "Wow Barb, you're married. I'm so um... um... something for you."

-Jules: "This town needs a new mayor and not one that's in bed with big business: that's Barb's name for her private parts."

-Laurie: "Plus, you (Andy) would look so great kissing a baby, because you kind of look like a baby, and everyone know there's nothing cuter than a baby kissing a baby."

-Ellie: "I love the tension in this room. I just want to bake it into a big puffy thing and eat it all up." Jules: "Seriously?"

-Laurie on her new talking threat cakes: "Say a chick steals your boyfriend. You send her a cake. But then, when she opens up the lid, it's like: "I'm coming for you, bitch!" Cute, right?"

-Laurie: "So you accidentally said the wrong thing. One time, I asked this blind lady when her baby was due. Turns out, she wasn't pregnant. And she wasn't even a lady. But, he really was blind, which was good, because when he went to go throw his coffee at me, he totally missed, and he hit a real pregnant lady. And I was like, 'dude, you're such a jerk! You just hit a real pregnant lady!' And then it turns out she wasn't pregnant either." Bobby: "There are a lot of fatties in this town." Laurie: "I know, right."

-Jules: "Do you know that if Travis and Holly had a kid, my granddaughter and my stepdaughter would be sisters! That puts me in the hillbilly hall of fame, right next to my cousin Chestnut, who was murdered by his own pigs." Ellie: "The pigs might've killed him, but it wasn't murder. Murder implies forethought." Jules: "They murdered him. There might be a trial." Ellie: "Where?" Grayson: "Okay, this sounds like a good stopping point."

-Travis: "There's just something so innocent about Holly. I just want to protect her. Plus, Jill could really use a father." Grayson: "She has a father!" Travis: "I meant a good one."

-Jules: "It's like my life is flashing right before my eyes. I should've drank more wine."

-Jules: "You're both being totally... (Looks at her Word-A-Day calender) magnaminous!" Travis: "Not a bad thing. Means we're awesome." Jules: "Stupid calender!"

-Laurie: "Today, we're gonna fix racism. Hopefully before our burgers come."

-Jules: "Do you know what I've learned from my friendship with Ellie?" Grayson: "There's no such thing as too mean." Travis: "Never let your friends know for sure if you like them?" Jules: "Always hold a grudge?" Ellie: "Really?" Jules: "Sorry, I wanted to do one too."

-Jules: "Sometimes, it's OK to be selfish, right Ellie?" Ellie: "It's not". Jules: "Seriously? Now's the time you decide to be human?"

-Bobby: "Sometimes I think it would just be easier if we just separated into our own groups, you know, like blacks with blacks and white with whites." Sig: "They tried that in South Africa." Laurie: "Yeah, and thank God Bono fixed it."

-Laurie: "Oh my God, my race panel worked. If there is one thing we've learned from Michelle Pfieffer in Dangerous Minds or Sandy Bullock in The Blind Side or Hilary Swank in that movie no one ever saw, it's that all you need to fix minority problems is a really pretty white woman."

-Not even going to try and replicate Ellie's crazy list of wants as first lady.

-Holly: "You hug just like your son." Jules: "Alright, don't ruin it."
-I will replicate this though. Grayson: "Now, let's pop a little wine, and talk about this supposed pig trial, hmm? I got 9000 questions. Do they use handcuffs?" Jules: "They use rope." Ellie: "Jury of their peers?" Jules: "Maybe." Grayson: "Lawyers?" Jules: "Humans." Ellie: "Baliffs?" Jules: "Horses." Grayson: "How do they get the pig on the witness stand?" Jules: "Pig ramp." Ellie: "Do they understand what people are saying?" Jules: "They have interpretors." Grayson: "Jury ever fed ham?" Jules: "Not if they're kosher!" Ellie: "What's the maximum sentence?" Jules: "Bacon." Grayson: "Is there a pig traffic court?" Jules "Heard of it, I've never seen it." Ellie: "How do they get the pig to stop squealing?" Jules: "Gavel." Grayson: "What if a pig calls a cop a pig." Jules: "Heh, that's funny. That's funny. People laugh." Ellie: "Do the pigs wear prison jumpsuits?" Jules "No, bowties. It's really adorable".

No comments:

Post a Comment