Thursday 19 April 2012

Memorable Moments: Cougar Town: Ways To Be Wicked

Quicky Opinion: Sorry for the lateness of this opinion. Technical errors and stuff. Anyways, I really enjoyed Ways To Be Wicked. The introduction of Betsy serves to provide new layers to Ellie and why she is the way she is, which is good. Meanwhile Grayson helping Laurie fulfill her dream of starting a cake business was nice to watch (It also added more depth to Laurie), and it should be interesting watching Laurie pursue this over the next couple of episodes. And Travis, Zig, and Kevin teaming up with Bobby and Chick to steal the cougar statue was just there for humor (And to bring Chick in as part of the Jules/Ellie plot), but it was all great humor with things like dentist ghosts and a meta-rant by Zig wondering why the school statue is a cougar. All in all, another great episode for, what has so far been a really great season of Cougar Town. Quicky Grade: 82% (Great)

Memorable Moments

-Bobby: "Sorry you had to meet Mr. Belly-Face, ma'am".

-Ellie: "Did you hear her? She has to go check on Stan, cause' what? I pay so little attention to him that he might just walk out the door and knock down some neighbor's mailbox?" Jules: "Well, that did happen, yesterday, to my mailbox." Ellie: "You know what I mean!"

-Ellie to Grayson: "You've always been dead to me, but now you're even deader.

-Pay attention. The title: Cougar Town almost makes sense this week.

-Jules: "How bout' we all agree not to talk about our moms. I mean, it's easy for me, my mom is dead." Grayson: "Mine too." Jules: "Dead mom high-five!"

-Ellie: "I know my mom seems nice, but she's like that cartoon frog that sings and dances when nobody's looking, only instead of singing and dancing, she tells me I have lesbian legs."

-Laurie shows pictures of her cakes: "Here's my bunny cake. That's a gayke. Gays love cake. There's a mermaid cake, pregnant mermaid cake for baby showers, pie cake, um, there's my puppy cake, my Bruce Willis cake, Alan Rickman cake- I had just watched Die Hard-, unicorn cake, burrito cake, oh and these tiny ones are boob-shaped cupcakes. I thought they would sell twice as fast because it'd be weird for someone to come in and just buy one, right?

-Elle: "You're my best friend. All I ask is that you have blind faith in me and that you hit me with a shovel if I ever got a toe ring".

-Zig: "Why does this school even have a cougar? Nothing here has anything to do with cougars."

-Laurie: "I was going to bake a red velvet baby, but then I thought it might be weird to eat your own baby."

-Jules: "Grayson is a self-centered pretty boy with a bastard child and eyes so tiny, you could blindfold him with a bead necklace.

-Travis: "Nice horse trailer." Chick: "I conceived your mom in there." Travis: "There's the first scar of the night."

-Betsy: "My first husband was a real triple threat. He combined alcoholism and no personality with severe ugliness. Once the cash was gone, so was I." Jules: "Those may be the darkest thoughts I ever heard strung together."

-Jules on meanness: "It's like a drug but you don't see fireworks or cartoon ponies." Laurie: "Jules has never tried drugs." Ellie: "Clearly."

-Andy: "And I have learned two lessons. One: Grayson is a lot faster than he looks, and two: (turns around to show his wedgie): he still thinks wedgies are funny." Laurie: "Ha ha, yes they are. Andy, why don't you just pull that thing down." Andy: "They don't go down. They're in me."

-Laurie: "Laurie Keller isn't scared of anything. Except for old people smiling at me. I swear, it's like they want to steal your soul."

-Travis learns something very important about college: "Campus cops will forget anything for twenty bucks." Campus Cop: "They will."

-Jules: "Dad, you never let me do anything." Chick: "I just let you commit a felony tonight."

-Jules: "Since Ellie's mom couldn't do it, no one gets any wine until you say something nice about Ellie." Laurie: "I'm going to a bar."

-Ellie: "NO WINE FOR YOU!"

No comments:

Post a Comment